Abuse of Social Media
Posted by cupcakesriots
I might be a little early on this call but #twitter is #dead, well at least for me (maybe just for a little bit). I guess I have no real right to complain because my experience results from the people I follow but I’m going to anyway. Here is the list of things I am sick of seeing via twitter (even-though I might have done a few myself):
- Long-drawn out conversations. @replying to a couple of things doesn’t really bug me but if you thread dates back to a week ago or more than 5 post (which ever comes first) then your conversation does not belong on twitter.
- Shameless over promotion. I know that social media is a good venue for promotion, I do it for myself and for other companies/organizations. However when you you feel the need to promote everything you have or are working on at the same time (i.e. involving 4-6 personal links in one day) , your promotion becomes spam and an eyesore.
- Chronic RTs. I understand if the RT buttons help us share to our followers what we see from a different person we are following but if more than 65% of your post are RTs you are not doing nothing but reproducing someone else thought or idea for most likely the same audience of people to see over again.
- Subliminals about subliminals. Why perform the same act that you are complaining about? Either call everyone out (via @replies) or STFU (PS this isn’t a subliminal I’m calling everyone out including myself)
- Twitlonger. I understand that sometimes what you have to say may not be able to into 140 characters but again if 65% of your post are twitterlonger links, IDGAF what you have to say anymore, I just don’t have the patiences.
- Updates from Formspring, Tumblr etc. SMH do what you like but if you post on you formspring or tumblr more than 10 times a day there is no need to link the updates to your twitter. ( I suggest unlinking and just posting a link to either once a day but hey, you don’t really need to listen to me lol)
- People who #FF themselves. o_O I don’t understand this. You are telling the people who are following you to follow you? Be generous #FF other people and maybe you will get the same love and hopefully new followers.
- People who list their myspace page as their website. LOL okay, I’ll leave this alone.
As I said these are the things that kind of got me fed up with twitter. I love social media and online networking maybe I just need a break. You can agree or disagree with my opinions but just remember they are opinions not rules, not facts, just my thoughts. So thanks for reading and if I happen to unfollow you in the near future via twitter it may or may not have soemthing to do with the 8 things I just listed.
Thanks for reading. I love comments.